This recipe was inspired by Saturday’s trip to Taylor Square Farmer’s Market (in Sydney) and reading of “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle” book by Barbara Kingsolver.
- 1 cup of chopped apples
- 1 cup of chopped rhubarb stalks
- 1 banana (optional, but I went for it)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour (or any flour you have)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup of butter (I actually used less, and it worked out just fine)
- Mix the fruits with honey and place in ungreased baking pan.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together with butter until crumbly (I first put the butter in the oven for 2 minutes to soften it).
- Sprinkle this mixture over the fruit and bake at 175°C (350°F) for 30-40 mins, until golden.
Enjoy with a cup of tea!!
One reply on “Delicious Recipe for Rhubarb & Apple Crisp in 3 Simple Steps”
[…] written in an earlier post about my Rhubarb find at Saturday’s Farmer’s Market and how to turn it into a delicious […]