The world of water by Snap®
- 97% of all water on Earth is salt water
- of remaining 3%:
- 14% is deep ground water (below 800ft) – this is fossil water that took thousands of years to travel from the surface. It cannot be renewed in our lifetime, and it can only be accessed using heavy-duty pumps. This is the water that modern monoculture farming is sucking up…
- 11% is shallow ground water (less than 800ft deep)
- 74% trapped in snow and ice caps
- ONE PERCENT is lakes/ponds, forests, living systems, soils, rivers and atmosphere
- There is a constant amount of water in the Earth system. Like energy, it doesn’t come from anywhere and it doesn’t go anywhere; it only changes its position and state. Hence, the water in my body right now could’ve in a dinosaur at some stage :).