It’s not always about doing it yourself…by “it” I mean our hard work at being sustainable and Earth-friendly. From ancient times, humans have been most successful and prosperous when living in healthy communities. We are no exception. But the beauty of modern high-tech world is that we can be connected with an extended community of like-minded individuals available to us, whether they are next door or on another continent. Think Flickr, Facebook, Etsy…
You’ve probably already heard of Etsy, but if you haven’t then go, NOW! Etsy is probably one of my favourite things about the 21st century. With thousands of talented artists just a click away, Etsy is the essence of “direct sale” from producer to consumer.
Another great thing about Etsy community is its appreciation for upcycled materials and clever out-of-the-box thinking. I love browsing Etsy for inspiration and ideas, and today I wanted to share with you some of my recent Permaculture-inspired Etsy finds.
1. 20 Recycled Biodegradable Seedling Starter Pots
2. Bird Feeder. Recycled street lights. 2 dollars to Nature Conservancy
3. Birdhouse, ‘Donette’s Cottage’
4. Organic Keyboard ergonomic Wrist Rest Support Pillow set with Peppermint
5. Living Landscapes Permaculture Card Game
6. USDA Certified Organic Basil Herb Seed Starting Kit in Hand Painted Vintage Coffee Cup
7. Mixed Moss Bubble Terrarium
8. Rocky Road Pillow
9. Reusable Snack Bags
10. Woodland Friends Shelf – eco-friendly
11. Large Autumn Cone Gnome Plush
12. Witch Hazel Brooms
13. Apple Pick
14. Hungarian Racka Handspun Yarn CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) – 2010 Share
15. Woodland Celebration Cake – Print
16. Fiery Red Blossom Lariat / Bolo Fiber Art Neckwear
17. Eco Friendly Flatware Set for Two
18. Limited Edition Print (Energy Harvesters)
19. Tommie – Plushie Tomato
20. Bicycle Air Plant Arrangement
21. Crochet Wildflower – Blackfoot Daisy – Single Stem
Please support the local artists and consider Etsy for your next gift (or otherwise) purchase :).
7 replies on “From Etsy with Love: Showcase of 21 Amazing Etsy Works Inspired by Nature”
Oh Jenny, that is fantastic!!! Love your way of saying “approved by the birds” :). And thank you for your kind words.
Hope your garden keeps growing and flourishing!
I love seeing all these creations from artists inspired by nature and the garden and eco-friendly materials. We have been working on building our garden for three years and it has grown up and just this month we got our first resident Bluebird pair. They found a bird house we built over a year ago. They came the beginning of June and just a couple days ago it seems there must be hatched eggs! We carefully watch their behavior from a distance. It is cool to have created an environment approved by the birds! Love this blog!
Yeah, they are great! I will be trying them out for the next planting season as well. Since I am in Sydney (and planting season is coming), I should start making space in my apartment for the seedlings 🙂
I love the seed starters!! Next year I will try these out!
You are very welcome. I am so grateful to all you beautiful artists!
What great choices. Thanks for including my Woodland Owl Friends Shelf.
Thank you so much for featuring my permaculture game. I love your article, it is a very nice and sustainable collection.